Monday, February 27, 2012

ONE CHILLY WEEKEND. {but we were burning up.}



Our weekend started off with snow, sniffles, & a whole LOT of crankiness. I wasn't quite sure what to expect, I assumed he woke up on the wrong side of bed & that she was teething. Oh, but as I look back today - It was more than just that. She was SICK. Runny nose, warm skin, constipation, lots of tears, & the state of not wanting to be separated from another human being. Yes, it could have simply been teething, but it was much more intense.

So, sick baby on your hip for a few days results in a jealous three-year-old. I admit, I am guilty of the "No, we can't because Baby Sister is sick." There wasn't much we could, especially since the weather was so chilly.



Except of course, head to the Library.



For as sick as the baby acted at home, the second we entered the children's area of the local Library a small smile slide across her flushed face. We spent the first 15 minutes browsing all the books on the shelves, sliding the best ones into our canvas bag to rent & revisit later. After collecting about a dozen books between both Children we settled in by the play area. This is where I should have gone to the adult section for a complimentary cup of coffee to indulge while they played. mental note for next time.







We must have arrived at the perfect time of the afternoon (or there was something going on in town that we accidently missed.) because there was very few families there. It was almost as if we had the WHOLE place to ourselves.







After the Library, we headed to Grandma's for a change of scenery & a change in television viewing. (At a certain time in the afternoon PBS in our area stops playing children's programming. It would mean snuggling to a long movie or finding a cozy spot with dish network. Let me tell you, Bubble Guppies is a better illness cure than any DVD we own. So, Grandma's was the only choice.)






Baby Sister wouldn't eat any of the lunch we picked up, so she got treated with yogurt. I couldn't get her to eat much more than a few bites, but it was enough to help get us through her illness. :(



Oh, Don't you worry! Daycen got to indulge in the sugary snack too!



We spent the rest of the weekend like this....





Everyone is feeling 100% better now. (except for Dad. He seems to catch it RIGHT as everyone else is totally over it) I'm excited our week is starting out fabulous! ♥ I hope you stayed healthy this past weekend! I know we sure had a rough one, but made it through!


Late, but still just as glamorous.

1 comment:

Sammi said...

Awww look at Daycen's hair!!

I am glad you are all feeling better, I hope Dad is better now too. I have the snuffles I've had it since Tuesday last week :((